Tuesday 2 February 2016

Scrap the boys and Show us your stuff


This is the sketch challenge at Scrap the boys.



and at Show us your stuff we are asked to use a quote "To me you are perfect."

I've combined the 2 challenges.
My handmade item is a wood veneer M that I altered using texture paste and pain to give a mottled effect. I hope this counts as handmade.
I started by cutting 3 wide strips from 3 patterned papers(one hand coloured) in my kit.
Next, I applied sticker strips across 2 of them.
I knew my title would be huge & didn't want to confuse the layout any more so left the moddle strip out.
I machine stitched the 2 circles ,then inked over them to "grunge' my layout.
I  placed my matted photo and used 2 Scrapmatts Federation border chippies.
More sticker stars and collection at the top including one saying "My family".
This is my great nephew who is nearly 16.
I added the large grey arrow for more grunge.
Finally, I put my title on, including the hand altered M.



13 comments:

!neke said...

I think this is perfect to !!!!

Ineke XX

Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg said...

Beautiful take on the scetch. Thank you for playing along with STB this month.

Amanda Baldwin said...

Great take on the sketch! Love your altered M too! Thanks for joining in on the fun at STB!

Rachel said...

Great layout, love your title.
Thanks for playing along with STB.

Sandra said...

I love the title. and the hand altered M. Thanks for joining us at SUYS.

Emzascrapper said...

Great boy page and that M stands out perfectly. Thanks for being a part of SUYS.

Krisy said...

What a great page and very masculine. Thanks for playing with us at STB and SUYS

Deena said...

Thank you for joining us at Show Us Your Stuff, great layout and the use of the blue really makes your layout pop

Amanda said...

Love this colour scheme. Thanks for joining in at Show Us Your Stuff

Kelly Sroka said...

Love this!!

Elisa Ablett said...

Great take on the sketch, thanks for playing along with us at STB :-)

Leanne J said...

awesome boy page Julene..
thank you for joining in at show us your stuff.

Sue Plumb said...

Great layout Julene! Loving your bold title and that stunning shade of blue! Thanks for sharing with us at Show Us Your Stuff and Scrap the Boys.