Saturday 13 December 2014

Pedalling bikes at Sketchabilities



This is the current sketch at Sketchabilities


Last night I was trying to think of ways to use up those strips that you cut off the bottom of patterned papers.
I made a couple of grids using co-ordinating colours. One featured blues and the other oranges and greens.
Here's the blue one so you can see what I was doing.
The green/orange one fitted perfectly with the Sketchabilities sketch.

First I dribbled red glimmer mist on the page.
It is nearly used up so no longer mists.
Next, I used gesso through a chicken wire mask around the grid, especially at the top.
I've added my photo and washi tape to provide the chevron and filmstrip.
I inked a chipboard maple leaf yellow and edged it with "Old paper" distress ink.
(This was in Vancouver at Stanley Park, hence the maple leaf).
I also added a circular paper clip which reminded me of the bicycle wheels.

Regular followers will know about the squirrels but sketchabilities may not.
On every Canada layout I added a Jolees squirrel. This one has 2 plus some acorns.
Stanley park is full of oak trees and many squirrels too!

Here's a close up of some detail
 
And here's the layout photographed rather than scanned.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Very cute squirrels and a great take on the sketch Julene

mru said...

great page ;) Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities :)