Saturday 7 June 2014

Cardabilities, Charms creations, Jennifer Grace and stash busting.

This is all I had left of my June Counterfeit Kit.

I haven't used any of the wood veneers so they will wait for another month.

I have used this pile of leftovers to create a card and a layout. First the card'

This is the current Cardabilities sketch.....here is my rectangular interpretation.

 
I've used a punched heart with some small flowers as my trims.
The Bella Pearl Stickers worked well at the top. I've wound embroidery floss around them, as per the sketch.
The chevron is washi tape, the remaining is all papers cut to shape.
 
Next to the layout. Jennifer Grace asked us to do a layout about our happy place without too much thought to placement of items and use dribbles of paint (in my case mists) on the page.
I basically just put things on the page as they came out of the scraps box.
I've used all my kit now except 2 PL cards which can go into my stash.
 
On my layout I've used a CHARMS CREATIONS STAR which I have altered by inking over it with white, then yellow. This toned down the brown and added a more beachy feel to the layout.
(Could it be a starfish?)
 
 
 
Is it just me or does that big blue blob at the top look like Australia?

11 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Wow you went through that very quickly :) Sweet card and a super sweet layout :)

Henryka Kowacz said...

Very nice card:) Thank you for playing on Cardabilities. Henryka DT.

Mrs Frizz said...

Fabulous interpretation of the sketch - thank you for playing along with us at Cardabilities.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful card! Love the pop of color - Thanks for joining in with Cardabilities.

Virginia said...

Wonderful card and layout!

Charmane said...

Gorgeous work Julene! xo Charm

Unknown said...

Fabulous work!!!!
Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities!

Peg said...

Great page Julene!
Thanks so much for playing along with Charm's Creations
xx

Teresa said...

Very cute card ... thank you for sharing it with us on Cardabilties this month :)

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Nice card, I like your take on sketch :)
Thank you for playing along with us at Cardabilities :)

Angela Toucan said...

superb card! great layout too.