Sunday 13 October 2013

Stuck?! sketch. October 1

 
This stuck sketch inspired me to use more of my Counterfeit Kit and scrap a photo of my recent birthday.
My friend, Barbara and I were born 3 days apart so we always celebrate our combined birthdays. This year we had a lovely lunch at Cronulla RSL admiring the sea view through a big glass window.
 We both turned 59.

I've used Kaiser "needle and thread" paper for my background, picking up on a vintage theme (we almost qualify!).I added some tape measure washi tape and stitching with twine under the photo.
I've used Fancy Pants stickers with suitable phrases on them.
The enamel dots are "My Minds eye"
The chipboard presents and cupcake are from Buzz and bloom. I inked them with pink to match the ricrac.
Finally, the American Crafts "poolside"  thickers are glittery and add a birthday/festive touch to the layout.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, love the colour combo and the embellies. Thanks for sharing with us at Stuck?! And happy belated!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Fun that your birthdays are so close - great to have a tradition of celebrating together every year! You've been having a lot of fun lately.

Unknown said...

love the vintage feel to your layout...thanks for playing along at STUCK

KerrynF said...

A beautiful take on the sketch Julene, thank you for playing along this month.