Monday 20 May 2013

Colour me scrappy #38

I followed Mary Bennetts to a new blog challenge site for me, named "Colour me scrappy".
The challenge was to use this palette
and the other criteria was paints and mists.
This colour scheme is right up my alley as my 3 favourite colours are blue, yellow and green.

I started with paper named "summer damask". First, I painted a wash using white acrylic paint.
Next, I used a canvas leaf as a mask and misted using turquoise over the white on top left and bottom right.
Then I matted my photo and used strips of paper under it. From these I hung my journaling tag with a brad.
In the bottom left corner I've used 2 washi tapes and a strip of paper to match my tag.
Over the top I placed a dragonfly fussy cut from another sheet of paper. I gave it eyes and a body using brads.
I placed my canvas branch(misted) across the top of the layout and added my heading.
The ponds in the photo were full of golden koi, you can't see them.

6 comments:

Dolly B said...

Wow you have done a wonderful job with the colour Palette Julene, and a gorgeous photo. Thanks for joining us at colormescrappy and hope to see you join us again
Mary

Crystal Schneider said...

Great take on the challenge over at Color Me Scrappy. You did a great job with the colors. Thanks for playing along with us.

Lynn said...

Well done! I'm always so nervous about using paint on my layouts! You've done it beautifully. Thanks for playing along with us at Color Me Scrappy.

Sharon Fritchman said...

I am so happy that Mary led you to us!! I love your use if the colors on your beautiful page! Thank you so much for joining us at color me scrappy!!!

marianne said...

t=This is lovely! Thanks for playing along with CMS!

Unknown said...

CMS is so happy that you found us! Great job on this color combo and I, as well, enjoy these colors.